EMUAPC is an emulator of 8-bit Atari computers 400/800, 800XL, 65XE, 130XE.EMUAPC emulates among others banks switching without slowing down, high-quality sounds with noise and cycle-exact POKEY interrupts. Emulator works with music cards fully compatible with the Sound Blaster standard for the DOS environment.Requirements of EMUAPC DEMO 0.92:
Computer with the i486/Pentium processor or better, 8MB the RAM, the operating system MS-DOS.
This version is running in the DOS environment of systems Windows 3.0 and higher, Windows 95/98/Me, Windows 2000/XP/NT, OS/2 1.1. To getting the full quality of sound in the DOS environment of systems Windows 2000/XP/NT an emulator of Sound Blaster cards is required e.g. VDMSound.EMUAPC DEMO 0.92 emulates:
- The following models of the Atari computers:
- 800 switches: 64KB RAM, Atari OS rev.A
- 800XL switches: 64KB RAM, Atari OS rev.B, Atari Basic rev.B
- 65XE switches: 64KB RAM, Atari OS rev.B, Atari Basic rev.C
- 130XE switches: 128KB RAM, Atari OS rev.B, Atari Basic rev.C
- All opcodes of the 6502 processor.
- All opcodes of the Antic processor including with operations of horizontal and vertical scrolling and DLI interrupts.
- All graphics and text modes of the CTIA chip.
- All additional modes of the GTIA chip.
- Hardware interrupts system.
- Interrupts reported across the NMI line:
DLI - Display List Interrupt
VBI - Vertical Blank Interrupt
- Interrupts reported across the IRQ line:
T1 - Timer 1
T2 - Timer 2
T4 - Timer 4
SIR - if Serial Input Ready
ODN - if Output Data Needed
XD - if eXmitend Data
K - Keyboard
BREAK - Break (BREAK button interrupt)
- RESET interrupt - Reset (RESET button interrupt)
- PM graphics (Player-Missle graphics).
- Fast banks switching with (at 128KB RAM) separable access to the memory for Antic and 6502.
- All sound registers of the POKEY chip.
- Two floppy drives operating in the density of S, E and D with the possibility of preparing to eight virtual disks for each station.
- Emulator recognizes low-level disk operations through PERCOM blocks.
Recognized disk operations:
kod 83 - status
kod 82 - read sector
kod 80 - write sector
kod 87 - write sector with verification
kod 33 - format for S and D densities
kod 34 - format for E densities
kod 78 - get density
kod 79 - set density
- Emulator supports bad sectors (damaged sectors).These sectors are identified by a sequence of the first ten bytes of the sectorcorresponding to the text "BAD SECTOR".
- One Atari joystick on the PC keyboard.
- Selected software graphics modes.
- Pseudo-artifacts for the high resolution graphic mode (0xF).
- Provides following screen resolutions:
- Provides the possibility to sync 50Hz or to the frequency of hardware vertical blank.
- Provides graphical user interface with the ability to change the background bitmap.
- Automatically recognizes the following file formats:
- Atari DOS (*.xex,*.exe,*.com)
- Atari floppy disk (*.atr)
- Atari floppy disk (*.xfd)
- Atari floppy disk packed with Disk Communicator program (*.dc3,*.dcm)
- Atari floppy disk packed with SCopy program (*.vol)
- In the case of Atari DOS format, files are saved on a virtual floppy disk in the density of E or D with the loader in the boot sectors and are read as floppy disks in the densities E or D.
- Provides slow and fast transmission mode (track buffer).
- Provides protection against the possibility of recording for each virtual disk.
- Provides a counter of sectors during the work of the disk drives.
- Provides special effects during the Reset/Restart the emulator,the transition to the help system or finished working with the emulator.
- Provides parameters for co-operation with the Sound Blaster mixer(the possibility of a full adjustment volume of sound, bass and treble).
- Provides the possibility of utilizing external color palettes and has its ownbuilt-in color palette.